Tuesday, November 4, 2008

24 days until my due date!

So today is the election, and I have more important things to talk about. Caleb.

It is now 24 days until I'm due and I couldn't be more excited. While this is going to be the hardest thing I will ever do as a human being, he will honestly be my blessing. I can't believe how lucky I've been to carry such a perfect baby inside of me for the past 9 months. I know I've been kinda negative about this whole situation as most can understand. It's not because I feel like this is a bad thing, I know it happened for some reason. I just feel like he's being cheated out of what could be an amazing life.

Before his diagnosis, I often thought of what he would be when he grew up. Now, all I wonder is what he's going to do in his short time on Earth. What he was destined to do for Mommy and everyone else who obviously loves him. And believe me, he is the most loved baby on the planet right now. I wonder what his purpose was, what his greater purpose is that he has to leave us early.

When I watched Oprah the other day, Ginny Mooney said something that really got me thinking on the positive about Caleb. She said, "I can be sad later. I will enjoy the time I have with him." The biggest thing I never even thought of. I spent a lot of times worrying about what my family is and will be going through. I spent a lot of time feeling sorry for myself. Now, I just need to smile and realize that my son will always be my miracle baby.

Mommy loves you Caleb. With all my heart and my being and I can't wait to meet you. Please don't make me wait any longer than I have to. XOXO - Mommy

1 comment:

Bianca said...

I'm sorry to hear your unborn son has been diagnosed with Trisomy 18. Counting down these last days to his birth can be difficult and stressful. If you haven't already found us, here is the website for the Trisomy 18 Foundation, www.trisomy18.org . You will find a wealth of information on Trisomy 18, along with many loving and caring families that have walked this journey. As we know, each child with Trisomy 18 is unique. While the list of known defects is the same, some children are more affected than others. It really is unfair for doctors to lump them all into one category. I encourage you to register and join our support boards, you'll be able to communicate with other families affected by Trisomy 18. Right now the best thing to do, is gather up as much information as possible. Please know our hearts are with you, and we're here to support you.

Warmly,

Bianca DeLone
Staff at Trisomy 18 Foundation,Inc.
BDeLone@trisomy18.org
www.trisomy18.org
www.trisomy18support.org